[dune-pdelab] ALUGrid and PQDGLocalFiniteElementMap

Andreas Nüßing andreas.nuessing at uni-muenster.de
Wed Jun 8 11:15:13 CEST 2016

Hi Christian,

I did not compile the module, but from the lines below I extract that
you are using a Dune::OneDGrid (i.e. dimension 1) with a 2d first order
QkDG local basis (check the order of the template parameters), which is
why the parameters of "evaluateFunction" are not convertible.

Best,
     Andreas

/home/dune/Dune/dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/newton/newton.hh:239:11:
required from 'void Dune::PDELab::NewtonSolver<GOS, S, TrlV,
TstV>::apply() [with GOS =
Dune::PDELab::GridOperator<Dune::PDELab::GridFunctionSpace<Dune::GridView<Dune::DefaultLeafGridViewTraits<const
Dune::OneDGrid, (Dune::PartitionIteratorType)4u> >,
Dune::PDELab::QkDGLocalFiniteElementMap<double, double, 1, 2>,
Dune::PDELab::ConformingDirichletConstraints,
Dune::PDELab::istl::VectorBackend<> >,
Dune::PDELab::GridFunctionSpace<Dune::GridView<Dune::DefaultLeafGridViewTraits<const
Dune::OneDGrid, (Dune::PartitionIteratorType)4u> >,
Dune::PDELab::QkDGLocalFiniteElementMap<double, double, 1, 2>,
Dune::PDELab::ConformingDirichletConstraints,
Dune::PDELab::istl::VectorBackend<> >,
Dune::PDELab::ConvectionDiffusionDG<Dune::SPL::ProblemA<Dune::GridView<Dune::DefaultLeafGridViewTraits<const
Dune::OneDGrid, (Dune::PartitionIteratorType)4u> >, double>,
Dune::PDELab::QkDGLocalFiniteElementMap<double, double, 1, 2> >,
Dune::PDELab::ISTLMatrixBackend, double, double, double,
Dune::PDELab::ConstraintsTransformation<Dune::PDELab::DOFIndex<long
unsigned int, 1ul, 2ul>, Dune::PDELab::MultiIndex<long unsigned int,
1ul>, double>,
Dune::PDELab::ConstraintsTransformation<Dune::PDELab::DOFIndex<long
unsigned int, 1ul, 2ul>, Dune::PDELab::MultiIndex<long unsigned int,
1ul>, double> >; S = Dune::PDELab::ISTLBackend_SEQ_BCGS_Jac; TrlV =
Dune::PDELab::istl::BlockVector<Dune::PDELab::GridFunctionSpace<Dune::GridView<Dune::DefaultLeafGridViewTraits<const
Dune::OneDGrid, (Dune::PartitionIteratorType)4u> >,
Dune::PDELab::QkDGLocalFiniteElementMap<double, double, 1, 2>,
Dune::PDELab::ConformingDirichletConstraints,
Dune::PDELab::istl::VectorBackend<> >,
Dune::BlockVector<Dune::FieldVector<double, 1>,
std::allocator<Dune::FieldVector<double, 1> > > >; TstV =
Dune::PDELab::istl::BlockVector<Dune::PDELab::GridFunctionSpace<Dune::GridView<Dune::DefaultLeafGridViewTraits<const
Dune::OneDGrid, (Dune::PartitionIteratorType)4u> >,
Dune::PDELab::QkDGLocalFiniteElementMap<double, double, 1, 2>,
Dune::PDELab::ConformingDirichletConstraints,
Dune::PDELab::istl::VectorBackend<> >,
Dune::BlockVector<Dune::FieldVector<double, 1>,
std::allocator<Dune::FieldVector<double, 1> > > >]'
/home/dune/Dune/dune-spl/src/diffusion.cc:193:15:   required from here
/home/dune/Dune/dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/localoperator/convectiondiffusiondg.hh:939:102:
error: no matching function for call to
'Dune::PDELab::LocalBasisCache<Dune::QkStuff::QkLocalBasis<double,
double, 1, 2> >::evaluateFunction(const Vector&, const LocalBasisType&)
const'
              auto& phi =
cache[order].evaluateFunction(ip.position(),lfsv.finiteElement().localBasis());
^
/home/dune/Dune/dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/localoperator/convectiondiffusiondg.hh:939:102:
note: candidate is:
In file included from
/home/dune/Dune/dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/localoperator/convectiondiffusiondg.hh:17:0,
                  from /home/dune/Dune/dune-spl/src/diffusion.cc:53:
/home/dune/Dune/dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/finiteelement/localbasiscache.hh:47:7:
note: const std::vector<typename LB::Traits::RangeType>&
Dune::PDELab::LocalBasisCache<LocalBasisType>::evaluateFunction(const
DomainType&, const LocalBasisType&) const [with LocalBasisType =
Dune::QkStuff::QkLocalBasis<double, double, 1, 2>; typename
LB::Traits::RangeType = Dune::FieldVector<double, 1>;
Dune::PDELab::LocalBasisCache<LocalBasisType>::DomainType =
Dune::FieldVector<double, 2>]
        evaluateFunction (const DomainType& position, const
LocalBasisType& localbasis) const
        ^
/home/dune/Dune/dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/finiteelement/localbasiscache.hh:47:7:
note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'const Vector {aka const
Dune::FieldVector<double, 1>}' to 'const DomainType& {aka const
Dune::FieldVector<double, 2>&}'