[dune-pdelab] Accessing solution vector for MPFA

Shubhangi Gupta sgupta at geomar.de
Tue Sep 20 15:20:07 CEST 2016

Dear All,

I am trying to implement a Multi-Point-Flux-Approximation (MPFA) method
in DUNE PDELab.

I pass the current solution vector (u) by a pointer to the
localoperator, from where I call the MPFA-method to calculate the flux
over the edge.
In the same step, I give the solution vector (u) to the stationary
problem solver by slp.apply(u).
However, when I solve the problem, the values of u which are taken by
MPFA-method differ from the solution vector which is passed to the
localoperator by calling alpha_skeleton.
Because of this, the mpfa fails to converge even though it uses the
values from the pointer to the solution vector.

My question is:
Why is the value of u from the pointer to the solution vector different
from the local solution in the alpha_skeleton?
Also, which vector is passed to the alpha skeleton and is it possible to
access the whole solution vector from alpha skeleton somehow?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Shubhangi