[dune-pdelab] Deflated CG

Marian Piatkowski marian.piatkowski at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jul 11 11:11:46 CEST 2017

Hi Anne,

there is no deflated CG, neither in ISTL nor in PDELab. But maybe the
following comment might also help.

Since you are solving problems with singular matrices, my question is:

Do you observe that the norm of the residual gets more likely stuck in
the parallel case whereas in the sequential case the CG solver does
converge.

If so, you could orthogonalize the corrections in CG against the null
space of the matrix. But this requires of course a priori knowledge of
the null space of your matrix (in particular an orthogonal basis with
respect to the Euclidian scalar product). You can have a look at my code
in order to see what needs to be changed inside the CG solver.
Unfortunately I have only hard-coded this to the case of one-dimensional
kernel spanned by the constant vector.

I have attached the file with the modified CG solver. The relevant code
starts at line 74. Just search after 'if(singular)' inside this class.

Regards,

Marian