[dune-pdelab] Finite Volume Method with slope reconstruction / alpha_volume_post_skeleton

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed May 10 12:08:41 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 04:37:51PM +0200, Gregor Corbin wrote:
> I misunderstood then, how the assembly works. Now that I added the
> doSkeletonTwoSided flag, it seems to work.
> However, my solution is still not ideal, since every slope is computed,
> stored and loaded twice.

maybe you can just initialize the container with some bogus values
(std::numeric_limits<double>::max()) and check whether the stored
value is bogus before computing the slope?

> @Markus : I think we have a similar problem, namely that we need (distant)
> neighbor information, where the local operator provides only local
> information. My current workaround is somewhat ugly and works only for
> explicit time-stepping. It involves writing a limiter class that calls the
> residual method of the above local operator in its "void preStage(X &x)"
> method. Maybe you could do something similar? If you are interested, I can
> give you the code.

The problem is that we want to do this  implicitly. Therefore prestage
does not cut it.

Markus

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858