[dune-pdelab] Grid operator for subspace?

Gregor Corbin corbin at mathematik.uni-kl.de
Tue Feb 13 15:01:07 CET 2018

Hi Steffen,

thanks for the quick reply.

The reason why I never thought about splitting the spaces was that there
exists another update step, that updates both U and W at the same time.
On the other hand, due to restrictions in the interface of local
operators, I implemented this  step using low-level functions(bind,
read, ...), so I might as well split the function spaces as you suggested.

I currently do not use the Dirichlet constraints for W but assemble a
mass matrix for W as well( hence my earlier question about combined L2
operators).  Would Dirichlet constraints allow me to skip the mass
matrix assembly for W?

Concerning my second point: When I split all the function spaces, I wont
need a generalized L2 local operator any more. But maybe its is still a
useful addition to the codebase.

Is there a tutorial for TypeTree? It seems like a really useful tool,
not only for the PDELab context, so I would like to understand it
better.  What I currently know about it, I learned from browsing the
code, but at some point this gets a bit tedious.

Thanks for your help,

Gregor