[dune-pdelab] Reg: terminal freezes at vtk output

Shubhangi Gupta sgupta at geomar.de
Tue Oct 9 16:32:13 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I am currently experiencing a really strange problem during the
execution of my dune program... When I run the problem in parallel, the
program execution freezes in the terminal just before writing the vtk
output file... the freeze occurs randomly, sometimes right before the
first output, but sometimes after 5, 20, or even 500 outputs, even
though I don't change anything about my problem setting! I am really
puzzled, and I'll be very thankful for suggestions for solving/debugging
this!

Thanks in advance, and best wishes, Shubhangi

PS: So far, this problem occurs only in parallel. I write vtk output as
follows:

         int subsampling = 0;         typedef
Dune::SubsamplingVTKWriter<GV> VTKWRITER;         VTKWRITER
vtkwriter(gv,subsampling,(int)0);         typedef
Dune::VTKSequenceWriter<GV> VTKSEQUENCEWRITER;         VTKSEQUENCEWRITER
vtkSequenceWriter(    std::make_shared< VTKWRITER (vtkwriter), fileName,
vtkSequenceWriter.write(time,Dune::VTK::appendedraw);

--
Dr. Shubhangi Gupta
Marine Geosystems

Room: 12-206