[dune-pdelab] Fast evaluation of solution at a general point in the domain.

Dodwell, Timothy T.Dodwell at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 10:13:44 CEST 2019

Hi All,

I have a very clunky implementation of evaluating a solution at a general point in a domain. With recent developments in dune-functions is there a nice way of doing this, using some sort of tree?

Best

Tim

Ps. To be clear I would ideally want a way of doing the following without writing some local operator like I do currently!

I.e. I have

typedef Dune::PDELab::Backend::Vector<GFS,RF> V;
        V u(gfs,0.0);

## Some code

typedef Dune::PDELab::StationaryLinearProblemSolver<GO,LS,V> SLP;
      SLP slp(go,ls,u,1e-10);
      slp.apply();

## then I would like to do something like
Dune::FieldVector<double,dim> x(0.5);
RF point_val = u(x);

Dr Tim Dodwell
Fellow of the Alan Turing Institute,
Senior Lecturer in Engineering Mathematics,
Education Lead Mechanical Engineering

Rm 221 - Harrison Building
College of Engineering, Mathematics & Physical Sciences
University of Exeter
Exeter
Devon
EX4 4PY