[Dune] Re: [Dune-CVS] CVS (robertk)

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Dec 1 11:26:21 CET 2004

Christian Engwer wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
>>readGrid and writeGrid removed from grid interface and moved to
>>GridDefault class. Default implementation is doing nothing.
>

> Then why is it in GridDefault anyway?
> If I'm not mitaken the Default classes we ment to provide default
> implementations of operations you can perform with the basic interface
> but you may want to overload to provide a faster implementation on a
> certain grid.
Right. The method write and read should be left there, because it
generates the filenname out of the filename prefix and the current
timestep. The method then calls writeGrid with the real filename.
For the grid that doesnt implement that method maybe the code does not
compile. Means the methods should stay there as long as we dont have a
working serialize concept which I dont see coming in the next time ;)

Bye

   Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

   Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5642
   Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
   Universität Freiburg
   Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
   79104 Freiburg

   http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk