[Dune] dune-cvs

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Fri Jun 17 16:26:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

some of you might have noticed that the commit mails were broken
today. Sorry for that. This happened due to a miss configuration
of our Automated Tests. Now everthing works and cvs commits trigger a
CVS Head Build.

When someone commits changes cvs puts the CvsHeadBuild into state
wait. Every 10 Minuts a cron job is run that does the following:

aquire_lock();
if (state(CvsHeadBuild)==trigger) {
  run_tests();
}
if (state(CvsHeadBuild)==wait) {
  set_state(CvsHeadBuild)=trigger;
}
release_lock();

This means, if no commit occures during the next 10 minutes the check
is run, so that usualy after around 15 minutes your changes are
tested. The 10 min interval is intended to handle coherent commits
together (cvs doesn't know anything aout changesets). If the 10 min
interval is to long or to short we can easily tweak this parameter.

Cheers Christian