[Dune] GridInterface Remarks.

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Mar 1 11:58:20 CET 2005

Hi Duneler,

some remarks on the grid interface.

First of all, I think the tempalte parameter GridImp of the class Grid
should change from template<in,int> GridImp to GridImp, because at this
time only Grid with template parameters <int,int> can be derived from
the Grid class. There already exists to examples of Grid that don't fit
in that parameter list, the DomainGrid of Christoph, which is
parametrized by another Grid and the Alu3dGrid(BSGrid) that needs 3
template parameters ,dim,dimworld, and GeometryType.

It's also no big thing to change that point an get a lot more
generality for the grid interface.

Another thing is, that the method leafbegin need a template parameter
PartitionType, just as the lbegin method.

Furthermore, in my opinion, the default lbegin and leafbegin should be
for Interior_Partition and not for All_Partition, because for serial
grid just have an interior which is the same as all partition for them,
but for parallel grids this matters. From my point of view this means
that one always wants to iterate over the interior domain, and thats why
this should be the default type.
I think there might other points in this topic, lets discuss them.

As i mentioned before, the mark method should get an Entity and not an
EntityPointer as parameter.

Documentation:

The documentation of the grid interface is incomplete(not a new fact :))
I dont know what the intention was, but I think the class one uses such
as Entity, EntityPointer, IntersectionIterator,... those wrapper classes
should be in the documentation and listed under the rubrik classes of
the grid interface. Thats a point we should work on before the stable
release get released ;).

That are all my remarks so far.

Greetz to all

   Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

   Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5631
   Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
   Universität Freiburg
   Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
   79104 Freiburg

   http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk