[Dune] The Art of Computational Science

Peter Bastian Peter.Bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Apr 27 21:03:42 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I think some time ago I already pointed you to the web page

http://www.artcompsci.org/

which is a project that covers state-of-the-art code development in
computational science. In the manifesto
http://www.artcompsci.org/ok/vol/vol-0/title.html it becomes clear that
they take programming really serious in the sense that also the
knowledge about the design decisions should be communicated to the user.

Currently, the project only covers the N-body problem in astronomy but
they invite other projects in computational science as well. I think
this would be a great opportunity for DUNE to become the ACS project in
Finite Elements. What do you all think about it? (OK, just ignore the
work involved with that for the moment).

Best,

-- Peter
Peter Bastian, IWR,Uni Heidelberg, INF 348,R 020, 69120 Heidelberg
email: Peter.Bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de   Tel: +49 6221 54 4984
WWW: http://www.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/~Peter.Bastian Fax: ... 8860