[Dune] Mac OS X

Oswald Benedikt Benedikt.Oswald at psi.ch
Wed Aug 9 15:11:28 CEST 2006

Hi Dune, thanks for the support! I will be able to give it a try
this evening. Below you have an opportunity to see what we do,
put simply, we are involved in the design of novel accelerator
concepts, e.g. linear accelerators such as x-ray free electron
lasers, and in the investigation of problems with existing accelerators,
such as synchtrons (http://sls.web.psi.ch/view.php/about/index.html)
and cyclotrons, of which there is the world's highest current cyclotron
at PSI. Those apparatus are quite complex machines and heavily based on
radio frequency structures which leads us to computational electrodynamics
and the numerical solution of Maxwell's equations (vector valued system
of PDE) to analyze electromagnetic resonances in cavities etc.

Have a great day, Benedikt

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch, Computational Accelerator Scientist
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch, +41(0)56 310 32 12
quamquam sint sub aqua, sub aqua maledicere temptant. http://maxwell.psi.ch/amaswiki/index.php/User:BenediktOswald