[Dune] Timings for the changes in dune-common r4695

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 21 11:13:45 CEST 2006

Hi Markus!
From looking at the gcc documentation

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.1/gcc/Optimize-Options.html#Optimize-Options

it seems to me that even -O3 doesn't turn on loop-unrolling.  Quote:

-O2: [...] The compiler does not perform loop unrolling [...]

-O3: turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the
      -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops and -fgcse-after-reload options.

Could you try your example with -funroll-loops and see what happens?

Thanks,

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *