[Dune] dune installation under Mac OS X (10.4.7), Xcode (2.3)

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Aug 25 11:42:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 05:36:38PM +0200, Rainer Roitzsch wrote:

> I tried to install dune on Mac OS X and get the following error message:

> ritz:~/dune roitzsch$ ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol all
> readlink: illegal option -- f
> usage: readlink [-n] [file ...]
> usage: dirname path
>
> The readlink is different to the one used by Benedikt Oswald, there
> is no -f option.

I really wonder what version Benedict is using. Maybe he has the gnu
version of readlink?

Anyway this behaviuour sucks!

I just substiuted the readlink call with all small shell function
using sed. Hopefully we don't run into any issues with sed.

So please update your source and try again.

Best regards,

Markus
--
DUNE -- The Distributed And Unified Numerics Environment
<http://www.dune-project.org>