[Dune] Notification from Dune

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Fri Dec 1 10:40:54 CET 2006

> > Note b: did somebody say 'feature freeze'?
> Das stimmt natuerlich... Allerdings wenn eine Gruppe etwas
> neues braucht, es selbst implementiert fuer alle Gitter und
> existierender Code nicht beeinflusst wird...

We all agreed that Dune schould have a slim interface. This means
implementing all methods that are needed to implement your methods,
avoiding duplicated infromation. Shure this did not allways work
perfectly, we also agreed to add duplicated information, where it
really helps saving computation time.

What you are proposing is further code blowup, in order to save some
time during setup. The amount of time is a constant! So I don't see a
big benifit that would justify 1) breaking the feature freeze 2) the
code bloat.

Christian

PS: We have fellow developers who are not germans. I consider it
	unpolite to discuss these things in german. It leeds to an
	impression of "we are not interested in your opinion.".