[Dune] boundary id

Oswald Benedikt Benedikt.Oswald at psi.ch
Tue Dec 12 10:26:19 CET 2006

Hi Dune Team, with respect to id's, may they be associated with
boundary faces or subdomains, from a practical point of view, it is very
useful to have these; now that the concept of subdomains is served
by the LGM flavour in the UG grid manager, it would also be very
useful to be able to access these in a Dune based application.

For example, we here have a number of grids in the LGM format,
used previously in pure UG applications, which we would like
to use, with full subdomain information, in a Dune based code
as well.

Therefore, to have this information would be highly welcome,
if feasible with reasonable effort, already in the upcoming
release 1.0.

Have a great day, Benedikt

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch, Computational Accelerator Scientist
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch, +41(0)56 310 32 12