[Dune] Dune 1.0.

Peter Bastian Peter.Bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jan 10 16:59:45 CET 2006

Robert Kloefkorn schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to ask, whether we still have no deadline for the 1.0 version or
> we want to speciafy a certain date this year for release of Dune 1.0?

I vote for specifying a deadline BUT together with a list of things that
 should work at that point. Here is a first iteration of what I think
should be in 1.0:

- Sequential grids : Yasp, OneD, UG, Alberta, ALU3d
- Parallel grids: Yasp, ALU3d (with load balance?), UG (?Oliver?)
- Applications: groundwater, Euler, elasticity
- ISTL with parallel AMG
- coarse grid exchange format with readers for all (unstructured grids)

Additions welcome (but not too many :-) )

For a date: How about End of March?

-- Peter
Peter Bastian, IWR,Uni Heidelberg, INF 348,R 020, 69120 Heidelberg
email: Peter.Bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de   Tel: +49 6221 54 4984
WWW: http://www.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/~Peter.Bastian Fax: ... 8860