[Fwd: Re: [Dune] ISI final suggestion]

Peter Bastian Peter.Bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jul 5 13:30:32 CEST 2006

Andreas Dedner wrote:
> 2) Everywhere in our code we use the GridPart class
>    grid/common/gridpart.hh
>    This class allow different views on the grid. The two major
>    impl. of the interface are LeafGridPart and LevelGridPart.
>    THey defined IndexSetType (Level/Leaf) and
>    IteratorTtype (Level/Leaf) and one begin() and end()
>    method which call leafbegin/levelbegin and leafend/levelend
>    on the grid. We would now add two new Methods
>    ibegin(Entity&) and iend(Entity&) which return the
>    appropriate ISI. The IndexSets (in the newer versions) have
>    simular functinality but the GridParts are more versatile
>    since I could use a different IndexSet with a LeafIterator
>    (for example). Prehaps we could agree on this - or some similar
>    interface. Writting a code which works for both Level/Leaf is
>    simple with this approach.

Fine. I would suggest to add also something for the communicate method
on the grid since there is the same problem.

-- Peter
Peter Bastian, IWR,Uni Heidelberg, INF 348,R 020, 69120 Heidelberg
email: Peter.Bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de   Tel: +49 6221 54 4984
WWW: http://www.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/~Peter.Bastian Fax: ... 8860