[Dune] Changes in the grid paper

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 25 15:41:55 CEST 2006

Dear Grid Paper Writers!
As you all know I was working on a particular example to be included
in our upcoming paper.  It was to consist of a linear elasticity
problem on a crankshaft geometry, to be computed with UGGrid, AlbertaGrid,
and ALUGrid.  However, I have grown more and more unhappy with this
example, because it doesn't demonstrate anything that hasn't been
shown already in the paper.  Thus, after some debate with HD, I have
now decided to submit a different example for the paper.  It will be
a linear elastic two-body contact problem, with two different grid
implementations for the two bodies.  This will show that it is
possible to have different grid implementations at the same time.
As, unfortunately, my code needs grids that can assure that the
grid leaf level is identical to the highest horizontal level I
will most likely use a combination of UGGrid and SGrid.

I hope everybody approves of this change,

best wishes,

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *