[Dune] Changes in the grid paper

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 27 10:36:54 CEST 2006

Guten Morgen!
I'm happy to hear you guys seem to agree with me on that issue.

Instead of SGrid I may as well use YaspGrid, I guess.  I need
one feature I did not mention so far:  default constructibility
of the EntityPointer.  I added that to SGrid without any problems
and will commit that later today.

What I would really like to use, though, is ALUGrid, because
that would show that we're really able to force two different
legacy codes under one hood.  Enhancing one legacy grid manager
with code for a uniform grid isn't quite as exciting.  Besides,
I find those nonconforming grids pretty sexy.

I mentioned the problems.  Can you guys from Freiburg see ways
around?  I need the default-constructible EntityPointer, and
I need the LeafLevel to be identical to the highest horizontal
level.  Is it possible to simply copy elements in ALUGrid onto
the next higher level?  I may also be able to change my code
such that it only assembles on the leaf level and then solve
with a black-box inner-point solver instead of my multigrid.
The IP solver gets pretty slow, though, on non-small problems,
so I cannot really guarantee this is going to work well.

Greetings,

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *