[Dune] Capability hasLevelIterator?

Olaf Ippisch olaf.ippisch at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Nov 6 15:26:40 CET 2006

Hi Andreas,

in principle I agree with you that this solution would also be possible.
However there is a danger in default implementations. They can be REALLY
slow. And that would mean we would need to point the nose of the users to the
point with which grid the implementation is not to be expected to be
performant. If we don't do this, users might be frustrated. That's a reason
why I would prefer to introduce a capability for features which are not
mandatory, in this case the LevelIterator.

Regards,
Olaf

--
Dr. Olaf Ippisch
Universität Stuttgart

What is mind? No matter. And what is matter? Never mind.