[Dune] RE: Anfrage 2d integration in 3d grids.

Leidenberger Patrick Patrick.Leidenberger at psi.ch
Wed Nov 8 17:33:37 CET 2006

Hi Robert, hi Christian,

> vielleicht mal ohne MPI und ohne Optimierungs Optionen
> compilieren, also am besten mit -g -Wall, falls Du das
> nicht schon getan Hast.

I had used no optimiztion and -g.
Without MPI and with -g -Wall the result is:
../emp/empPecPmcAbc1st.hh:1432: warning: unused variable 'detjac'
../emp/empPecPmcAbc1st.hh:1424: warning: unused variable 'weight'
../emp/empPecPmcAbc1st.hh:1418: warning: unused variable 'integral'

> Die zweite Frage wäre, ALUSimplexGrid oder ALUCubeGrid?
I use ALUSimplexGrid.

>First of all, please catch the Dune Exceptions and print the error
>message, often this already tells you a lot about your problem
What is the correct way to do this? I uses:
try
{
  double detjac = faceIter->geometry().integrationElement(position);
}
catch (Dune::Exception& error)
{
  DUNE_THROW(Dune::Exception,"" << error << "");
}

so I get:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dune::Exception'
Aborted

> All I can tell you, is that you got an exception in an FMatrix
> operation. In your code snipplet you don't even have a FMatrix. It is
> really hard to help you without further information.
I don't use a FMatrix! That comes from
double detjac = faceIter->geometry().integrationElement(position);

Perhaps my way to do this is not correct. Can anybody who does something similar show my his way to do such an 2d integration in 3d.

Thanks a lot

Patrick