[Dune] The new method getMark()]

Andreas Dedner dedner at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Nov 15 11:03:06 CET 2006

I did not know we did voting here but are trying to find a solution!
I'm fed up with this kind of procedure!

Only because something is expensive in UG does not mean we can add it to
the interface;
first calling mark and then getmark would be expensive on ALU or
Alberta.
I would like to point out that we are in the process of
debuging Dune 1.0 and we are not - if in any way avoidable - modifying
the interface which we have decided on a long time ago!

Here is the implementation in alu - I would like to know where exactly
the problem is to implement this in UG!
    if( !en.leaf() ) return false;
    if(ref < 0)
    {
      // don't mark macro elements for coarsening ;)
      if(en.level() <= 0) return false;
      // mark for coarsening
      return true;
    }