[Dune] Bem. (Mac OS X and readlink)

Markus Blatt mblatt at eichstaetter-triathlon.de
Tue Oct 10 09:15:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 05:14:07PM +0200, Christian Engwer wrote:

> I have a patch ready that would try to find the real place with
> readlink and that does the current heuristic approach in case readlink
> fails. The heuristic approach was introduced, because Mac-OS-X has
> problems with readlink. Perhaps one of the Mac-OS-X users might try
> this patch?!

if I recall correctly the problem was, that the Mac OS X installations
were quite different. One installation only knew the -f option another
only the --canonical option :-(

Thimo pointed out to me that with with the correct installation
everything worked for him. Probably he can comment on this and then we
can put that information on the webpage.

Cheers,

Markus