[Dune] DUNE Installation

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Wed Oct 11 18:38:01 CEST 2006

> grep wollte mir keine Informationen geben. Jetzt habe ich auf ggrep
> umgestellt.

does this mean you changed the script, or you installed gnu grep?

> In der Tat musste ich alle drei Pakete aktualisieren.
>
> Leider kommt er so auch nicht zum Ende.
> Nun schafft er
> ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol
> Am Ende von
> ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol configure
> gibt es die Fehlermeldung
> checking for dune/common/stdstreams.hh... yes
> configure: error: /home/mlaeuter/dune/dune-common does not seem to
> contain a valid dune-common (libcommon.la not found)
> --- Failed to build dune_grid ---
> Execution terminated due to errors!

This looks like you did run dunecontrol configure before you finished
building dune-common. As the docs state you should call 'dunecontrol
all', which in turn calls 'autogen', 'configure' and 'make' for each
dune module.

> Kann ich bitte weitere Hinweise bekommen?

I don't know whether you already read it, but there is a description
of the buildsystem
http://dune-project.org/doc/buildsystem/buildsystem.pdf
and a quick installation guide
http://dune-project.org/doc/installation-notes.html

If these doc lack information this should be considered a bug :-)

Cheers Christian

PS: Please do a list rely, there are quite some dune developers, who
    might all help answering your questions.