[Dune] Problem with lam/mpi

Stefan Vater vater at math.fu-berlin.de
Thu Oct 19 17:18:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

thanks for the interesting discussion.

Since I have a working solution for me, from my point of view, there are
not any more things to discuss. As far as I understood from you, the
real problem is not really solved yet. So, if you have further
questions to my Dune installation, do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope that my comments help you a little bit to improve Dune!

Regards,
Stefan

Am Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006 11:48 schrieb Markus Blatt:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 10:36:03AM +0200, Christian Engwer wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 09:24:30PM +0200, Markus Blatt wrote:
> > > Even if your fix work, I would like to know why the hell the
> > > linker thinks it has link against the static libraries
> > > /usr/lib/liblamf77mpi.a /usr/lib/libmpi.a /usr/lib/liblam.a even
> > > though neither an environment variable nor the Makefile tells him
> > > so:
> >
> > I would suspect a libtoll .la file to tell him to use the .a
> > file. When using libtool, you can yust write -lfoo -L/libfoopath/,
> > just as if you would be using shared libs.
>
> Still it is weired that he thinks he needs the lam fortran libraries
> to compile C.
>
> Markus

 Stefan Vater                        |  Phone: +49 (30) 838-75201
 Freie Universität Berlin            |  Fax:   +49 (30) 838-54977
 Department of Mathematics and       |  e-mail: vater at math.fu-berlin.de
 Computer Science                    |
 Institute of Mathematics II, WE 2   |
 Arnimallee 2-6, D-14195 Berlin      |