[Dune] configuring alugrid

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Sep 3 11:56:25 CEST 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 11:50:39AM +0200, Sreejith Pulloor Kuttanikkad wrote:

> I tried but couldnt get the alugrid to work in my machine. I downloaded
> and unzipped the alugrid 0.3 version.
> then its not clear how to configure the parallel version. even reading
> http://www.dune-project.org/doc/installation-notes.html , its not clear
> to me how to configure. I dont know what to do with the mpi-config
> script. could some one explain how it is done (an example of how the
> script is run).

Just put dune-common/bin into your PATH, e. g.:
export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/dune/modules/dune-common/bin

now mpi-config --cflags --disable-cxx gives you the flags needed to
compile ALUGrid.
There configure ALUGrid as follows:

./configure --prefix=/directory/to/install/ALUGrid/to \
 CXX=g++-3.4 CC=gcc-3.4 \
 CPPFLAGS="`mpi-config --cflags --disable-cxx`" \
 LDFLAGS="`mpi-config --libs --disable-cxx`"

The ` were missing and the specifying the mpicc command might be
misleading.

> I feel that the installation notes need to explain much
> more clearly at this point.

Yep you are right.

Markus

--
DUNE -- The Distributed And Unified Numerics Environment
<http://www.dune-project.org>