[Dune] Testing the Beta4 Tarballs

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Tue Apr 17 14:36:50 CEST 2007

> I agree.  But I wonder what the major problems are that you talk
> about.  None of the tasks that FlySpray lists as 1.0 seems major
> to me (except, maybe 277, which I would propose to postpone).
> IMHO the current 1.0 branch is mature enough to be released.

Well, with the current beta4 tar tallballs problems with the
documentation occured, due to wrong Makefiles. This is something the
user will run into very early, so I would like to have such issues
fixed.

#277 would be usefull for 1.0, as it reduces the possible problems a
new user might run into.

#85 is more less done.

#271, #272 and #273 are things everybody is working on and don't have
any impact on the tarballs themself.

#269 is something with out effect on the code itself, but something
which is important for te release. Is there someone who would work on
this issue? It is also necessary to update the installation notes on
the web site.

Like I said all the time... we have to test te tarballs, there are no
obvious bugs left tat would prevent us frm a release. The problem are
the bugs that we don't see, because we didn't test properly. But I
think the whole thing is converging :-)