[Dune] deprecated interfaces

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Thu Aug 2 17:06:39 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I started working on the config.h bug and therefore was looking for a
solution for DUNE_DEPRECATED. I stumbled over several DUNE_DEPRECATED
statements:

/dune-grid/grid/common/gridpart.hh:565:    DefaultGridPart(GridType& grid, const IndexSetType & iset ) DUNE_DEPRECATED
./dune-grid/grid/albertagrid/agrid.hh:1613:    int getMark( const typename Traits::template Codim<0>::Entity & ) const DUNE_DEPRECATED;
./dune-grid/grid/alugrid/2d/grid.hh:406:    int getMark(const typename Traits::template Codim<0>::Entity & ) const DUNE_DEPRECATED;
./dune-grid/grid/alugrid/3d/grid.hh:567:    int getMark( const typename Traits::template Codim<0>::Entity & ) const DUNE_DEPRECATED;

These deprecated warning are present both in trunk and in
releases/1.0. Are these warning still valid? The interface of getMark
in 1.0 already states that you should call getMark with an
EntityPointer. I can'T quite see the reason for these methods
anyway. How should a user, following the Doxygen documentation or the
examples learn this wrong usage?

I suggest to remove the questionable getMark methods, both in trunk
and 1.0.

Regarding the DefaultGridPart constructor, I don't quite see why this
constructor is marked deprecated. There are no comments or anything. I
guess the reason is to mark the whole class deprecated. If this is
true, I sugggest to remove the whole class.

Cheers