[Dune] Re: gridype.hh

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Tue Aug 7 17:33:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 04:02:06PM +0200, Andreas Dedner wrote:
> Hi,
> of course we can move gridtype.hh zu utility
> I would suggest for the moment to move the header
> but keep a link in dgf with a warning since all
> our code depends on that file.

OK. We can add an include statement in dgfparser/gridtype.hh and a
warning.

> But what is the point of removing the includes?
> You want to replace dgfalu.hh with alugrid.hh?
> and then repeat all the preproc. magic again in
> dgfparser.hh to get at dgfalu.hh.

The point is, that the functionality is a different one. dgfgrid.hh
should include all implementations and not gridtype.hh. There are
different reasons:

1) if using dgf without gridtype, you have to include all header
   manually
2) gridtype.hh has nothing to do with dgf and can be used without
   it. Why shouldn't we add the dgf includes to quadrature.hh?
   Wouldn't that be as convinient as including them in
   gridtype.hh. The only duty for gridtype.hh is to construct the
   typedef.

> Including all dgf*.hh files in dgfparser.hh does
> not seem reasonable to me, since that would mean including
> all gridheaders (alu,alberta,yasp.ug...) even if only
> one of them is needed.
> Leaving the dgf*.hh in gridtype.hh even if it is
> in utility would have the advantage that the preproc. magic
> can be used with dgf and without.

And what about the foo-format? Then we should also include
foo-sgrid.hh and foo-alberta.h in gridtype.hh!

Cheers Christian