[Dune] Release: List of known issues

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Dec 10 11:59:32 CET 2007

----- Forwarded message from Robert Kloefkorn <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de> -----

Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 21:22:03 +0100
From: Robert Kloefkorn <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
Subject: Known issues dune-grid.
To: Markus Blatt <mblatt at hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de>

Hello all,

All known issues for Dune 1.0 that I know of, are:

AlbertaGrid:
- LevelIntersectionIterator not working correctly and therefore
LevelIterators and LevelIntersectionIterator disabled.
- AlbertaGrid only implemented for dimension = dimensionworld
- AlbertaGrid only implemented for dimension = 2,3
- AlbertaGrid cannot be used with different dimensions in one program,
i.e. a 2d grid and a 3d grid.
- AlbertaGrid not usable for parallel computations

ALUCubeGrid:
- only implemented for dimension 3.

ALUSimplexGrid:
- implemented for dimension 2 and 3
- only 3d version usable for parallel computations

ALUConformGrid:
- only implemented for dimension 2
- not usable for parallel computations

SGrid:
- for debugging only since SGrid is not working as fast as YaspGrid.
- not usable in parallel computations
- insufficient support of boundary ids

YaspGrid:
- SubEntities only supported for codimension = dimension, i.e. Vertices
- The left lower corners always is the origin 0
- insufficient support of boundary ids

UGGrid:
- not usable for parallel computations yet
- SubEntities only supported for codimension = dimension, i.e. Vertices
- Ids not supported for all sub entity types
- insufficient support of boundary ids

OneDGrid:
- not usable for parallel computations
- adaptation cycle interface not fully supported (see flyspray task #324)

That are all issues I know of in the grids.

Regards

Robert

----- End forwarded message -----