[Dune] Status of server transition

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Wed Feb 7 17:49:15 CET 2007

Dear all,

I want to give you an update on the current state of the server transition.
As you all might have noticed, hal had some kind of problems
today. /var was full and I had to get physical access to the machine
before I could do anything about this. Now it is up and runnig again.

The svn services are running on the new server. The repositories will
only be accessible via https and you will all need new accounts. We
can arange this tomorrow. Those who aren't an Freiburg tomorrow can
ask for a new account via mail. I planned to move the repositories to
the new server today, but I'm afraid I wont be able to finish work, as
the work on hal took longer than expected.

When beginnig the transition I will have to switch the DNS
entries. This means that svn.dune-project.org will no longer point to
hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de. In order to avoid a divergence between the
original and the new repositories I will disable the repository access
on hal.

I think that's all.

Cheers Christian