[Dune] GhostEntity

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Thu Jan 11 10:13:08 CET 2007

Hi,

> In the documentation of the InterIter we have:
>
>   On ghost elements the iterator only stops on the border of the domain,
>   i.e., only on the intersections with entities in the interior
>   region.

This definition is already rather contradictory. It says
* the intersection iterator only stops at the border of the domain.
  If we have an inner processor, it has no border edjes at all, that
  would mean the ghostelement intersection iterator would not stop
  all?!
* the example says it stops only on the intersection with entities in
  the interior region, but these intersection are per definition not
  border intersections (if we assume that we don't have inner
  boundaries, which applies to all existing implementations)

> I thought that all other properties are the same as for real entities.

Does this apply for all grids?
* Are all subentites (and especially their ids) accessible?
* Are all geometries accessible?

Cheers Christian