[Dune] Bemerkung Gitter und Gitterhierarchie.

Peter Bastian Peter.Bastian at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jun 22 09:12:59 CEST 2007

Andreas Dedner schrieb:
>> I see this like Robert and Mario. In DUNE a grid is a
>> container of
>> entities with certain relations. In Olivers words it is
>> always a grid hierarchy, or I would say a hierarchical
>> grid. I think this is also clear after one has read the
>> paper. But Oliver has a point if many people do not
>> anticipate a hierarchical structure if the read the word
>> "grid". But for those it is sufficient to write a
>> sentence in the introduction (and I think it says
>> somewhere that grids in Dune are always understood to be
>> hierarchical).
>
> I do not realy see that we need a grid to be hierarchical
> we just need the following (after we have defined
> entities and subentities):
> 1) a grid is a container of entities
> 2) if e is a entity in G then all subentities of e are
>    also in G
> 3) we assume that for two entities e,e' in G we have
>    e cut e' not empty -> e subset e' or e' subset e
> 4) For each entity<0> e in G we define
>    a) C(e)={e' entity<0> in G : e' real subset of e}
>    b) F(e)={e' entity<0> in G : e real subset of e'}
> 5) e = union of C(e)
> 6) level(e) = |F(e)|
> 7) father(e) = e' in F(e) with level(e') = level(e)-1
> 8) Hierarchic iterator : iteration over C(e)
> 9) level l view = all entities with level(e) = l
> 10) leaf view    = all entities with C(e) = empty

OK, then these 14 lines would be the paper 1? At least 10 is not so easy
or I was completely stupid. Could you look in the current state of paper
1 for the definition of a leaf view?

-- Peter

> I think this defines a grid.
> Andreas

Peter Bastian
Institut für Parallele und Verteilte Systeme
Abteilung Simulation großer Systeme
Universität Stuttgart
Universitätsstraße 38
D-70569 Stuttgart