[Dune] Fwd: dune::istl

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Sep 12 10:30:44 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 01:27:47PM +0200, Peter Bastian wrote:

first of all: To our knowledge nobody tried successfully to use any
part DUNE on windows yet. Unfortunately we are lacking knowledge and
resources to try a port on our own or even giving support on Windows
platforms.

Nevertheless I will try to give some advice:

> We have downloaded the linear algebra package of dune (istl) and tried to
> compile with the Visual Studio 2005, which has a compiler that is to the
> best of my knowledge, compliant to the standard. We are running into a
> number of compilation errors and I wonder if you would know about people
> trying to do the same so we can exchange information.

Unfortunately this description is lacking a lot of details and
therefore any suggestions would wild guesses.

1. Are you using the beta tarballs or are you using the svn versions.

2. At would stage does the error compile? Dune has its own build
system to ease things and should therefore be used. Are you using it?
(The build system uses the autotools, there you need windows port of
them like available in cygwin, GnuWin32 and MSYS). Please see our
website for a description of the buildsystem.

3. The exact error message migth be useful!

> Should this be the case I would be grateful to hear about that.

There was a similar request on the mailing list from stillwater-sc.com
in November 2006. But I have no idea whether they succeeded or
not. Maybe you can contact them?

Best regards,

Markus Blatt