[Dune] Release

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 27 10:16:57 CEST 2007

Markus Blatt schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> the end of the semester break is approaching and I think we should try
> to focus on the release again.
>
> I would propose the following procedure:
>
> As the automated build tests seem to be running well for the 1.0 Build
> and there were no additional commits since the last beta release,
> I would propose that everybody performs the checks of flyspray #271
> once again.
>
> These tests should be done until the end of next week.
>
> If everything works fine, we can release DUNE.
>
> Any objections, suggestions, etc?
>
> Markus

Hi!
In my humble opinion, the checks of 271 are regression tests, and if we
consider
them necessary they should be automated.  For my part I do not have the time
to run them again after the sixth, seventh, and eighth beta release.

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *