[Dune] Parallel CG Solver

Arne Rekdal arne at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Dec 4 11:45:13 CET 2008

Hello again!

Thank you for all your help. I have now got a program that works for
two processors. When I try to use more than two processors the program
crashes.

The crucial function call is
  u.fillIndexInfoFromGrid(indexinfo)

where u is a LeafP1Function. I have tried OpenMPI and MPICH libraries,
with the same result. Output from the run

tr-lcdfe:~/dune:$ mpirun -np 4 dune-arne/dune_parallel_matrix 100
Program is using 4 processes.
Rank: 0 Subdomain contains 2704 vertices.
Rank: 2 Subdomain contains 2704 vertices.
Rank: 1 Subdomain contains 2704 vertices.
Rank: 3 Subdomain contains 2704 vertices.
0 - MPI_TEST : Message truncated
[0]  Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!
p2_4253:  p4_error: : 14
rm_l_2_4255: (0.199219) net_send: could not write to fd=5, errno = 32
p0_4166:  p4_error: : 14
1 - MPI_TEST : Message truncated
[1]  Aborting program !
[1] Aborting program!

Is there anyone that could test if this is an issue with my setup or
an error in my code?

I am also not satisfied with the scaling of runtime vs. problem size
on two processors. If I halve my grid spacing then my problem size
increases with a factor of four (in 2D). I went from 13 sec to 320 sec
spent in CGSolver by going from 100 to 200 nodes in each direction
(resp. 6 iterations and 8 iterations used).

Thank you!

Best regards
Arne Rekdal