[Dune] OpenSolaris and the Dune build system

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Mon Dec 22 15:47:36 CET 2008

Am Sun, 21. Dec 2008, 01:12:45 +0100 schrieb Christian Mötzing:
> From: Christian Mötzing <moetzicn at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
> To: Jö Fahlke <jorrit at jorrit.de>

Please CC the list when you reply, other people might also be interested.

> Yes, you are right about '_', that is not the problem. We are using the
> checkout from 25th of November 2008 (svn checkout --revision
> '{'2008-11-25'}').
> I also made a mistake, its line 63 in dunemodules.inc. It says:
> export INST_${module}=no
> and is in the first part where the script checks whether there is a
> dune.module file and exports the module-description.

OK, the module variable is assigned via the fix_variable_name shell function,
which reads

  fix_variable_name() {
    echo -n "$@" | tr '[:punct:]' '__'
  }

I logged in to ipvslogin, which is a SunOS 5.10 machine, and tried the tr
command there

fahlkejt at ipvslogin:~$ echo abc.,#\'_-+ | tr '[:punct:]' '__'
abc.,#'_-+

The problem is that SunOS does not automatically extend the replacement
sequence to the length of the matching set by repeating the last character in
the replacement sequence.  The solution is to extent the replacement sequence
explicitly:

fahlkejt at ipvslogin:~$ echo abc.,#\'_-+ | tr '[:punct:]' '[_*]'

This fix is in revision 5395 of dune-common.  Please check if it works and
report back.

Bye,
Jö.

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open
windows.