[Dune] OpenSolaris and the Dune build system

Christian Mötzing moetzicn at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Dec 31 00:17:46 CET 2008

Hi, I found a workaround. I removed all doc paths from configure.ac and
makefile.am in dune-common und dune-grid.
No I can at least compile those two. There are still some issues but
that needs to be fixed in our project.
So, for now, it is not urgent. I think I'll open a few bug reports.
(Yes, there is more than one.)
>> My version of OpenSolaris is also 2008.11. :) Its a pretty standard
>> system, I only installed autotools and stuff. /usr/gnu/bin is set in my
>> $PATH.
>> I don't know why, but I had to link aclocal-1.10 to aclocal and
>> automake-1.10 to automake and now I get this.
>>

> I used something like AUTOGEN_FLAGS=--am=-1.10 in dunecontrol.opts.
> OpenSolris does not seem to provide a default aclocal/automake, or it is in
> some earlier version of the package.
>

>> http://www.u0d.de/328f43/log
>> Does attaching files on this list work?
>>

> I at least got your attachments.
>
> Do you really need DUNE on OpenSolaris soon?  This looks more complicated than
> I thought an I have more pressing things...  You are of course welcome to open
> a task in our bug tracking system (http://www.dune-project.org/flyspray/), and
> we will be even more happy if you provide patches ;)

I'm using VirutalBox (www.virtualbox.org). It works pretty good. I used
kvm once, so if you have a CPU that supports virtualization (AMD-V or
Intel-VT), you need to load that module. If you don't, your in 'slow'
emulation mode (KVM is build ontop of Qemu).
> By the way, which virtualization tool are you using?  I used KVM on Linux and
> OpenSolaris was quiet slow, especially on disk access.  Also, it seemed to
> hang for 2-3 seconds about every 10 seconds, which was very annoying.
>
> Bye,
> Jö.

So have a happy new year then.