[Dune] Possible changes to the dune grid interface

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 24 16:28:14 CET 2008

Dear Dune-dwellers! (Bedouins?)

An important topic on the agenda for the upcoming Dune
developer meeting will be a critical evaluation of the interface
as it is.  After having used it for a few years many people
will have noticed minor inconsistencies, omissions, or design flaws.
This is the time to propose changes, and they will be discussed
at the meeting and integrated into the software, if the developers
think that it is a good idea.

Discussions about such changes are better if the proposals
are known beforehand.  I have set up a page to collect such
proposals.  You can find it at
http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/sander/changes_to_dune
Of course this should really be a wiki, but I am not going to
learn how to set up a wiki today.  So please mail me your
proposals and I will add them to the list.  Note that sending
a proposal increases its chances of acceptance!

Enjoy!

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *