[Dune] error calling configure for dune-disc-1.2svn

Tatiana Voitovich tvoitovich at uct.cl
Tue Jul 8 18:06:45 CEST 2008

Dear Markus,

thank you for your nice answer.

The stable version 1.1 is running on my computer since Sreejith Kutanikkad
and  Jö Fahlke have helped me with the mistakes.

Could you please let me know the following. I have read in REDME.SVN that
to build the documentation of DUNE one needs doxygen, wml, latex and
convert to be installed.
My question is: if this packages are necessary already while executing
dunecontrol make install?
The matter is that the configuration works, but during the installation I
have some errors reporting that in /dunesvn/dune-common/install-sh/html
some files are absent:

[...]
/ bin/sh /Users/tatianavoitovich/dunesvn/dune-common/install-sh -d
//usr/local/share/doc/dune-common/doxygen; \
        dir=.; \
        if test -d ./html; then dir=.; fi; echo "dir=$dir"; \
        list='*.html *.css *.png *.gif'; \
        for p in $list; do \
                / bin/sh
/Users/tatianavoitovich/dunesvn/dune-common/install-sh -c
-m 644 $dir/html/$p
//usr/local/share/doc/dune-common/doxygen; \
        done
dir=.
/Users/tatianavoitovich/dunesvn/dune-common/install-sh:
./html/doxy-footer.html does not exist.
/Users/tatianavoitovich/dunesvn/dune-common/install-sh:
./html/dune-doxy.css does not exist.
/Users/tatianavoitovich/dunesvn/dune-common/install-sh: ./html/*.png does
not exist.
/Users/tatianavoitovich/dunesvn/dune-common/install-sh: ./html/*.gif does
not exist.
make[3]: *** [install-doxygen-data] Error 1
make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2

We would like to implement in Dune local discontinuous Galerkin method for
the nonlinear  possibly strongly degenerate convection-diffusion equations
(i.e., the equations that in different part of the computational domain
could have different type -- hyperbolic of parabolic, depending on the
unknown solution itself), on simplicial grids in 2 and 3 dimensions. To
that end, we introduce in a special manner the numerical fluxes of the
local discontinuous Galerkin method.
As the basis expansion we use the expansion through
Proriol-Koornwinder-Dubiner basis functions, that contain Jacobi
polnomials; morover, as the Jacobi polynomials are defined on
[-1,1]  our reference elements also "are of side two" (in 2D), thus, we
will need to write the reference elements in dune-common.
I have tried to install the svn-version because I found that for us it
would be most probably better
to use the templates of the package dune-disc corresponding to this basis
expansion, which are only available in the new version. If I am not right,
may be, one who worked for DG schemes in DUNE could correct me.

With best regards,
Tatiana

P.S. I am sorry for mailing twice: there it indeed a mistake of the mail
program not to ingore double (triple) clicks on "Enviar".