[Dune] dune automated tests

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 11 13:45:42 CEST 2008

Hi Christian!

That's good news.  It's difficult to have an idea of the state of DUNE
without those automated tests.

Personally, I was quite content with the test system the way it was
before it went out of service.  Of course, a good thing would be to
have more of it, i.e., more plattforms, more modules, more tests.
I'd still like to see the doxygen stuff parsed there, too.  Maybe we
could even have a spell-checker there?

I did not find having the history of recent builds and tests very
useful.  If something fails the error message is usually by far the
most helpful, and the history clutters up the interface.

:-)
Oliver

> we found a Hiwi who will start work on the automated tests /
> continuous integration system.
>
> We are currently in the phase of collecting use cases, in order to
> improve the benefit of the system.
>
> * Please think about the different ways you'd like to access information
>   available via the web site.
> * Do you have specific need for additional information?
> * What kind of filter rules would you like to use on the data (if any at all)?
> * What kind of additional test sets would you like to find included?
> * Do you have good experience with other systems? What were the pros,
>   what were the cons?
>
> Cheers
>   Christian

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik II   ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *