[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-istl r929 - trunk/istl

Carsten Graeser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 30 13:56:17 CEST 2008

I agree. I think the basic reason for having Field*
in dune-common is that many other classes in dune-common
and dune-grid need it. This is not the case for ScaledId*.
This is a special class for efficient algebra and
should thus be rather in istl
-even if the ugly temp-object cast remains than.

Carsten

Oliver Sander schrieb:
>> But this cast might have side effects which surprise people and are
>> really hard to find.
>>
>> If FieldMatrix and ScaledIDMatrix are so much correlated. Then
>> ScaledIDMAtrix should be moved to common and assignment and explicit
>> type conversion constructors should be implemented in FieldMatrix.
>>
> I do not think moving this class to dune-common is a good idea.
> It is very special will not be used frequently.

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser