[Dune] gettingstarted

Tatiana Voitovich tvoitovich at uct.cl
Thu Jun 19 19:01:39 CEST 2008

Hi Sreejith,

thank you very much for your help!

> I suppose you have installed dune core modules. If not have a look at
> http://www.dune-project.org/doc/installation-notes.html
> and install those core modules.

I had been thinking so, but when I reread the documentation, the
installation notes [0],
I have found that I ignored the second part of the sentence about the
installation,
"If you did not tell dunecontrol to install with the options file ...":
during a fast reading I have just
seen "...options file..." and as the previous sentence is dedicated to the
use of an options file,
I thought, wrong, that this sentence concerns the use of an option file.
Thus, I thought that
dunecontrol all includes the installation.

Could you please help me with the following. Now, when I am trying to
install DUNE:

bash-3.2$ ./dune-common-1.1/ bin/dunecontrol make install

the diagnostics is:

--- going to build dune-common dune-grid dune-grid-howto dune-istl  ---
--- calling make for dune-common ---
make "install"
Making install in lib
cd $(dirname ../common/libcommon.la) && make $(basename
../common/libcommon.la)
make[2]: `libcommon.la' is up to date.
cd $(dirname ../common/libcommon.la) && make $(basename
../common/libcommon.la)
make[3]: `libcommon.la' is up to date.
test -z "/usr/local/lib" || .././install-sh -c -d "/usr/local/lib"
mkdir: /usr/local/lib: Permission denied
make[2]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
--- Failed to build dune-common ---
Execution of dunecontrol terminated due to errors!
bash-3.2$

I also tried the "sudo" option:

 > ./dune-common-1.1/ bin/dunecontrol sudo make install

but then I get of course:

Usage: dunecontrol [OPTIONS] COMMAND [COMMAND-OPTIONS] ...

I include in this file the output of dunecontrol all, could you please
have a look. The operational system is MAC OS X 10.5 -- Leopard.

With best regards,
Tatiana