[Dune] Dune auf Supercomputeren.

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 27 10:53:26 CEST 2008

Dear Markus,

like Christian said we use DUNE for computations on the XC4000 Linux
Cluster in Karlsruhe and there everything works fine. We are using up to
1024 processors for our computations.

I guess everything depends on the compiler. I tried to compile the DUNE
code with the IBM compiler and that didn't work. If a gcc of version 4.0
or higher is installed then the code will probably compile. Another
thing is that one of the grid managers, i.e. ALUGrid, does not work with
Myrinet. We didn't have time to find the reason since on other
architectures everything works fine.

I guess the best thing is to try to compile the release 1.1 tar balls on
the machines you mentioned and then see what happens. There, in the test
of the grid are also some parallel communication tests that you could
use the check whether the code works.

Cheers

Robert

--

   Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

   Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5631
   Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
   Universität Freiburg
   Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
   79104 Freiburg

   http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk