[Dune] How to iterate over the vertices of an element?

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 3 11:10:43 CET 2008

Hi Arne!
If you want the actual entity there is a method (of the Entity)

template<int cc> Codim< cc >::EntityPointer
<cid:part1.04030004.06040204 at mi.fu-berlin.de> entity
<cid:part2.09090906.02090403 at mi.fu-berlin.de> (int i) const  Access to
subentity |i| of codimension |cc|.

If you just want the vertex entity to get its id or index I suggest you
use the
subIndex methods of the index and id sets.  These can be expected to be
a lot faster.

enjoy,
Oliver

Arne Rekdal schrieb:
> Hello.
>
> In my code I have an expression like this:
>
> const int dim=2;
> for (ElementIterator it=grid.template leafbegin<0>(); it<grid.template
> leafend<0>(); ++it){
> 	// Here I want to iterate over the vertices for this element
> ( Entities of codim 2 restricted on this element)
> }
>
> I need the entities, so the the coordinates of each vertex (it-
>  >geometry()[i]) is not enough. How can I do this?
>
> Thank you.
>

> Greetings
> Arne Rekdal

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *