[Dune] laplace/poisson example

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Tue Oct 7 22:52:26 CEST 2008

Dear Christian,

> is there a DUNE  example code around which solves the Laplace equation (or
> with a source term the Poisson equation)?
> If not, which shape functions do you recommend for this application?

sorry that we didn't answer earlier. Everybody was on vacation and
afterwards your mail disapeared in the stack.

There are different example implementation, although non of them is in
the core modules.

There are at least two different discretization modules dune-fem and
dune-disc. Each of these packages can solve the laplace equation and
more.

Are interested in an example which does everything by hand, or do want
some highlevel functionality.

We also have some simple DIY code, which we used for lectures, but it
might well be that this code does not run with current dune... the bit
rod ;-)