[Dune] Periodic boundary conditions in YaspGrid

Christian May cmay at phys.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 10 11:20:13 CEST 2008

Thanks for your answer, here is a tar file with an (almost) minimal source
file and the result I get on my machine.
It creates a 2-dimensional grid with 3x3 elements. To my understanding,
e.g. node 0 should have the same global number as node 3 and node 4 should
have the same global node number as node 7, which it doesn't.

Thanks
Christian

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Christian Engwer wrote:

>> in the YaspGrid constructor, directions can be labeled as periodic.
>> However, I don't see a difference in the result. Shouldn't vertices at
>> opposite faces in that direction just be assigned the same global node
>> number? Apparently, that doesn't happen, so how do you find out which node
>> is a neighbor then?
>
> You are right, "front" nodes on a periodic boundary should be assigned
> the same globalid, although they have different local indices.
>
> If this does not work, it is a bug. Could you provide a minimal
> regression test and create a bug report?
>
> Christian

Christian May

ETH Zurich
Institute for Theoretical Physics, HIT K 31.5
CH-8093 Zurich, Switzerland

Tel: + 41 44 633 79 61
Fax: + 41 44 633 11 15

Email: cmay at itp.phys.ethz.ch