[Dune] [#445] Add a module for approximate comparison [patch] (Attachment added)

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Oct 22 16:36:02 CEST 2008

Am Wed, 22. Oct 2008, 15:59:47 +0200 schrieb Martin Nolte:
> As to duplicating the code: Why do you want to do that? We already agreed that
> functionality provided by the STL should only be duplicated in DUNE if it need
> not be present in the STL (like, e.g. array). In case you are concerned about
> an intermediate state during the adaptation of the code, I don't think this an
> issue.

I don't want to do that, I'm just afraid it may become necessary.  For
example, if you have some class which you want to plug into some STL
algorithm, then the class members must conform to the STL naming scheme.  If
you want to use the same class with Dune algorithms, then the class must
conform to Dunes naming scheme.  For example, FieldVector already has to
provide both "iterator" and "Iterator" as member typedefs, and i can imagine
that it can become much more complicated for other calsses.

Bye,
Jö.

--
http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/te/17529/1.html
"Wer nichts zu verbergen hat, kann auch seine echte Emailadresse