[Dune] grid problems

Christian May cmay at phys.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 30 14:37:59 CET 2008

Dear developers,

I've implemented a coupled Schroedinger-Poisson solver using Dune (my
supervisor recommended to use it after having served as a
grant reviewer for your project). However, there are still some issues
with the grid.

I need a grid implementation which runs in parallel and supports periodic
boundary conditions, which I need in some but not all directions. From
what I've seen in the grid tutorial this functionality is only provided by YaspGrid.
However, there seems to be something wrong with the periodic boundary
conditions (or I didn't understand it correctly), so I submitted a bug
report FS#442. In a similar scenario I a also had the same global node
numbers assigned to completely different nodes, but located on different
CPUs.

In short, could someone please tell me if there is another grid which
implements that functionality or, if not, have a look at FS#442?

Any help is highly appreciated as I'm stuck with this for too long...

Thanks

Christian May

ETH Zurich
Institute for Theoretical Physics, HIT K 31.5
CH-8093 Zurich, Switzerland

Tel: + 41 44 633 79 61
Fax: + 41 44 633 11 15

Email: cmay at itp.phys.ethz.ch